What to do when you've suffered a boating accident injury
The major causes of recreational boating accidents are operator inattention, careless/reckless boat operation, excessive speed, inappropriate passenger/skier behavior, alcohol, and improper lookout. These negligent acts can cause boats to capsize or collide. They may result in flooding, fire and explosion. When boat operators are careless, skiers may be struck by propellers or the vessels towing them. Passengers may fall overboard. From time to time, negligently designed boats and defective boating equipment can also cause accidents which give rise to claims against manufacturers.
We know how to investigate boating accidents and ask appropriate questions to determine the validity of your case:
- Was the defendant operator of the boat intoxicated at the time of the accident?
- Was he operating his boat at an excessive speed for the circumstances and conditions?
- Was he turning too sharply in close proximity to another vessel?
- Was he in compliance with regulations regarding the safe operation of watercraft?
If the defendant was operating a personal watercraft such as Jet Ski, Sea-Doo or Wave Runner:
- Was the defendant speeding or weaving across the water unsafely?
- Was he following or crossing the path of another vessel too closely?
Our skilled Seattle personal injury attorneys can help you obtain the highest compensation allowed under the law for injuries occurring while boating. Let us take the financial burden for medical expenses off your shoulders so that you can devote your attention to your recovery.
As with all personal injury cases, it’s important that you act quickly before time limits run out and your claims are forever barred. Call Perez & Perez Law, PLLC today for a free consultation.